We are GROWING the market for Home Modifications!
EXCITING news for FALL 2021
To provide greater benefit to coalition supporters and members we will add to our legislative activities that promote consumer incentives on Wall Street, Main Street, and Capitol Hill with:
- A web portal for consumers to find home modifications products and services from members.
- Information to consumers about home updates and aging in place.
- Educating businesses in other sectors about how home modifications increase their business opportunities.
Our homes occupy new roles in our lives: offices, schools and care sites:
- Covid has forever changed the view that ‘senior housing’ is the safest option
- Increased use of telehealth, monitoring and connection is here to stay
- Hospital at Home and other programs and CMS rule changes have increased the pace and reach of home modifications and aging in place.
The SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY for 2021 Coalition members is perks, benefits and discounts regarding listings, dues, advertising and more in the new association starting January 2022!.
It is fundamentally unjust to continue medical miracles that add years to lives without also updating homes to live those lives joyfully with dignity. Home updates are the missing link.
“90% want to stay home, but homes are not prepared”
- Harvard Joint Center for Housing Studies
House design has not kept pace with longer lives.
What we want changed:
People being forced out of homes or into poverty by a health incident.
- HomesRenewed has a Vision of Affordable Aging that aligns the social determinants of health, wellness, and value-based healthcare.
How change will look:
- People are able to age in place MUCH better -- more economically, healthfully and joyfully -- because they have updated their homes.
- Business opportunities grow for the home remodeling industry, home care providers and many other stakeholders.
- New, innovative and efficient business models emerge to serve those living in the community -- saving costs for individuals, families, and the nation.
How we will change it
A bill in the 115th US Congress, HR1780, provides a tax credit of up to $30,000 for age-friendly home renovations
We have supported this bill which makes home updates a federal issue. We are preparing our strategy to lead the effort in the the 116th congress.
What YOU need to do:
- Join HomesRenewed
- Encourage others to join.
- Grow the grassroots movement about home updates in your community
- Bolster our legislative action
- Contact your representatives in Congress
- Come to DC, network with people who are different from you but share an interest in home updates. Join us to meet with representatives on Capitol Hill
- Make sure your government affairs efforts join our coordinated campaign
- Tell your clients about incentives
- Donate to the HomesRenewed Resource Center our research and education organization
HomesRenewed™ Coalition opens the door to change. Unlike most current policy and funding, HomesRenewed targets the 73% in the Innovation and Opportunity Zone to provide updated homes for middle Americans.
Read More .
Purple Tag Program
Modeled after the success of Energy Star labels, the HomesRenewed Purple Tag will identify products that prepare homes for the modern lifespan. These products and projects will cost less because they qualify for incentives.
Americans need to update their homes to Age in Place
- 90% of older Americans prefer to remain at home even if they need help
- Fewer than 3% of homes have basic accessibility features such as no-step entries, curbless showers, grab bars, lever handles, and better lighting
- Most older households own their homes
- 63% of the $383 billion remodeling industry is spent by consumers over 50
- 83% of US wealth is held by people over 50
- More economical aging in place will help reduce medicare costs